OptiLobe Rotary Pumps
Alfa Laval OptiLobe rotary lobe pumps are cost-effective alternatives for general applications requiring gentle product treatment and easy serviceability. Versatile, reliable and energy-efficient, these hygienic positive displacement pumps enhance both process flexibility and operational reliability.
- Gentle, hygienic design with cost-effective simplicity
- Cost-effective, hygienic pump
- Optimal product quality due to gentle, low-shear operation
- Robust design for long service life
- Easy maintenance due to self-setting, front-loading seals
- Low total cost of ownership
- Rely on corrosion-resistant, all stainless-steel Alfa Laval OptiLobe rotary lobe pumps to maximize process flexibility, minimize the risk of contamination and make washdown easy. Engineered for use within the food, dairy, beverage, and home and personal care industries, these positive displacement pumps conform to CE directives and EHEDG, 3-A and FDA hygienic standards.
OptiLobe Pump technology
Take advantage of these technological features that enable Alfa Laval OptiLobe rotary lobe pumps add value to your processes.
- A robust platform, advanced seal design and heavy-duty, long-life bearings contribute to more uptime and higher productivity.
- Truly front-loading, self-setting seals with seal faces directly in contact with the media ensures superior cleanability and lubrication, improving seal life.
- Shaft support made of a rigid one-piece bearing housing and heavy-duty L10 tapered roller bearings with a minimum life of 20,000 hours. This contributes to stable shaft retention and more balanced loading, thereby reducing the risk of pump head contact whilst decreasing maintenance requirements and increasing uptime.
- Optional heating/cooling front covers for processes, such as sugar solutions, butter and margarines, marmalades, body butters, gels and lotions, where products tend to harden at low temperatures.
OptiLobe rotary lobe pumps are available with 10 different pump head displacements based on five different gearbox modules, flow rates up to 77 m3/h, differential pressures up to 8 bar, media temperatures up to 130¡C and port size from 25 to 100 mm in diameter.
How it works
A gear train in the pump gearbox drives the rotors and provides accurate synchronization of the tri-lobe rotors.
The movement of the counter-rotating rotors creates a partial vacuum that allows atmospheric pressure or other external pressures to force fluid into the pump chamber. As the rotors revolve, an expanding cavity forms, filling with fluid. As the blades disengage, each dwell forms a cavity. As the rotor blades engage, the cavity diminishes and fluid is, displaced into the outlet port.
Heating/cooling front covers for processes where products tend to harden at low temperatures.
Alfa Laval rotary lobe pumps are positive displacement pumps with rotor case, rotor case cover, rotors, rotor nuts, shafts, gearbox and shaft seals and elastomers. The pumps operate with no internal contacting parts in the pump head.
The OptiLobe can be supplied either as a bare shaft pump or mounted on a base plate complete with coupling, guard, gear motor and shroud for easy plug-and-play installation.
The standard materials of construction are 316L stainless steel for all wetted parts, all stainless-steel exterior, and EPDM for all product-wetted elastomers. EasyFit shaft seals are fully front-loading, and high-precision machine components are interchangeable for pumps of the same size.
In addition, Alfa Laval manufactures all pump parts, including the rotor case and high-precision rotors. This facilitates maintenance and results in full interchangeability of spare parts.
At Liquidyne, we prioritize our commitment to quality and consistency. In 2017 we achieved ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification to ensure we can repeatedly deliver consistently high-quality products and solutions. Being an ISO 9001 facility, together with our USP Class VI Testing, ASME Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE), and EHEDG certification guarantee, we have the methodologies to assure quality. We will quickly and accurately rectify any issues if any of our products are ever in non-conformance.
"Thanks so much! What a quick turn around. It is a pleasure working with Liquidyne."
Process Development Manager
"I received the cart yesterday, thanks for the fast delivery! It feels sturdy. I sat on it. It does not bounce. It is also easy to clean and wipe or wash down."
Vice President, Analytical Development and Manufacturing
"Thanks again for reacting so quickly and meeting me halfway with the element. We will be able to get installed and have things keep moving overnight with the night crew. The little things like this are always greatly appreciated when working with Liquidyne."
“This pump cut our processing time from 3 days to 1 shift. I’m not giving this pump back. You will have to come and get it if you want it... and that won’t likely happen.”
VP Antibody Manufacturing