SCPP 2 Pump
Comprehensive circumferential piston pump range
The Alfa Laval SCPP range consists of two positive displacement pump ranges designed especially for transporting low viscosity products at higher discharge pressures. While rotary lobe pumps remain the preferred positive displacement solution, the SCPP is a solid choice for applications where circumferential piston pumps have been widely used in the past.
The broad range meets a wide spectrum of requirements under various working pressures.
- SCPP 2 circumferential piston pump
- SCPP 2 features enhanced CIP options, making it better suited for CleaningÐIn-Place. It has 11 displacements, capacities up to 310 USGPM (70 m3/h) and differential pressures up to 500 psi (34 bar).
Handles challenging suction conditions
The SCPP pumps feature large inlet and outlet ports, which help reduce pressure losses as products enter the pump. These features, combined with circumferential piston pump technology results in reduced net positive suction head required (NPSHr). This significantly reduces the risk of cavitation and subsequent pump damage.
Higher efficiencies on low viscosities
Close clearances between rotor and rotor case reduce slip when pumping low viscosity liquids at higher discharge pressures. This improves volumetric efficiency on low viscosity liquids and helps reduce flow rate variance under variable back pressure.
- Reduce pressure losses
- Higher efficiencies on low viscosities
- Greater flexibility
- For greater flexibility, the SCPP range gives you a wide range of options to enable you to choose the right seal for your particular application.
- For the SCPP 1, choose from a single O-ring, double O-ring with flush, single mechanical seal or double mechanical seal with flush, which are available in various materials. The O-ring seal is particularly suited for applications where pumps are frequently disassembled for manual cleaning. The O-ring seal also enables quick removal of the rotorcase and reduces the risk of damage during disassembly.
- The SCPP 2 offers two seal types: a single mechanical seal or double mechanical seal with flush, which are available in various materials.
The SCPP pump comes with twin-wing rotors in a non-galling alloy material as standard, which are suitable for most pump applications. If the product to be pumped contains large solids, a single-wing rotor is available as an option.
Alfa Laval provides a one-year warranty for all non-wearing parts, provided genuine parts are used.
At Liquidyne, we prioritize our commitment to quality and consistency. In 2017 we achieved ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification to ensure we can repeatedly deliver consistently high-quality products and solutions. Being an ISO 9001 facility, together with our USP Class VI Testing, ASME Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE), and EHEDG certification guarantee, we have the methodologies to assure quality. We will quickly and accurately rectify any issues if any of our products are ever in non-conformance.
"Thanks so much! What a quick turn around. It is a pleasure working with Liquidyne."
Process Development Manager
"I received the cart yesterday, thanks for the fast delivery! It feels sturdy. I sat on it. It does not bounce. It is also easy to clean and wipe or wash down."
Vice President, Analytical Development and Manufacturing
"Thanks again for reacting so quickly and meeting me halfway with the element. We will be able to get installed and have things keep moving overnight with the night crew. The little things like this are always greatly appreciated when working with Liquidyne."
“This pump cut our processing time from 3 days to 1 shift. I’m not giving this pump back. You will have to come and get it if you want it... and that won’t likely happen.”
VP Antibody Manufacturing