SCPP 2 Pump
Comprehensive circumferential piston pump range
The Alfa Laval SCPP range consists of two positive displacement pump ranges designed especially for transporting low viscosity products at higher discharge pressures. While rotary lobe pumps remain the preferred positive displacement solution, the SCPP is a solid choice for applications where circumferential piston pumps have been widely used in the past.
The broad range meets a wide spectrum of requirements under various working pressures.
- SCPP 2 circumferential piston pump
- SCPP 2 features enhanced CIP options, making it better suited for CleaningÐIn-Place. It has 11 displacements, capacities up to 310 USGPM (70 m3/h) and differential pressures up to 500 psi (34 bar).
Handles challenging suction conditions
The SCPP pumps feature large inlet and outlet ports, which help reduce pressure losses as products enter the pump. These features, combined with circumferential piston pump technology results in reduced net positive suction head required (NPSHr). This significantly reduces the risk of cavitation and subsequent pump damage.
Higher efficiencies on low viscosities
Close clearances between rotor and rotor case reduce slip when pumping low viscosity liquids at higher discharge pressures. This improves volumetric efficiency on low viscosity liquids and helps reduce flow rate variance under variable back pressure.
- Reduce pressure losses
- Higher efficiencies on low viscosities
- Greater flexibility
- For greater flexibility, the SCPP range gives you a wide range of options to enable you to choose the right seal for your particular application.
- For the SCPP 1, choose from a single O-ring, double O-ring with flush, single mechanical seal or double mechanical seal with flush, which are available in various materials. The O-ring seal is particularly suited for applications where pumps are frequently disassembled for manual cleaning. The O-ring seal also enables quick removal of the rotorcase and reduces the risk of damage during disassembly.
- The SCPP 2 offers two seal types: a single mechanical seal or double mechanical seal with flush, which are available in various materials.
The SCPP pump comes with twin-wing rotors in a non-galling alloy material as standard, which are suitable for most pump applications. If the product to be pumped contains large solids, a single-wing rotor is available as an option.
Alfa Laval provides a one-year warranty for all non-wearing parts, provided genuine parts are used.