Unique Sampling Valve
With Alfa Laval Unique Sampling Valves you can take representative samples in a variety of hygienic processes including food and beverage, personal care and biopharm. These reliable single and double-seat valves provide the high accuracy, exceptional reproducibility and excellent reliability required for high quality, cost-effective sampling. The ergonomically designed handle ensures exceptional control and convenience during operation.
- Aseptic and sterilizable solution for safe sample collection
- Design ensures hygienic and contamination-free sampling
- Easy to operate thanks to simple working principle
- Highly reliable operation (rated to 10 bar) and three year warranty for all non-wearing parts
- Safe sampling through features such as non-return, quick couplings, pressure relief valve for steam and more
- Enhanced cleanability - valve body made of single piece of stainless steel provides smooth, crevice-free surfaces eliminating bacterial build-up risk
- Certification, specification and standards: All Unique Sampling Valves are designed, tested and approved according to EHEDG guidelines and certified to carry the 3-A symbol. All product-wetted components are made of 1.4404 (316L). EN10204 3.1 included with valve.
The Alfa Laval Unique Sampling Valve consists of a valve body, an actuator and membrane seal. The rubber membrane seal is placed on the stem of the actuator and acts as a stretchable plug. The valve body made of single piece of stainless steel eliminates need for welding. As such, this prevents pore formation and cracking in the welds, and subsequently risk of bacterial build-up.
Product range and accessories
The Unique sampling valves are available as single and double-seat with working pressures up to 6 bar and maximum temperatures of 130 ¡C. Membrane seals are made of FDA-approved EPDM or silicone. Choice of manual or pneumatic actuators is available. Other options include types of valve bodies, connections, actuators and accessories.
Valve Type Size Product type Max. Particle size Single-seat
Double-seat - Type 4 Low viscosity Up to 2,5 mm
Type 10 Medium viscosity Up to 7 mm
Type 25 High viscosity Up to 20 mm
Alfa Laval's has a broad range of high quality sampling accessories to provide users with comprehensive sampling solutions. These include non-return valves, quick couplings, pressure relief valve for steam sterilization and the Alfa Laval Steam generator, which enables you to steam-sterilize where there is no permanent steam supply on hand.
At Liquidyne, we prioritize our commitment to quality and consistency. In 2017 we achieved ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification to ensure we can repeatedly deliver consistently high-quality products and solutions. Being an ISO 9001 facility, together with our USP Class VI Testing, ASME Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE), and EHEDG certification guarantee, we have the methodologies to assure quality. We will quickly and accurately rectify any issues if any of our products are ever in non-conformance.
"Thanks so much! What a quick turn around. It is a pleasure working with Liquidyne."
Process Development Manager
"I received the cart yesterday, thanks for the fast delivery! It feels sturdy. I sat on it. It does not bounce. It is also easy to clean and wipe or wash down."
Vice President, Analytical Development and Manufacturing
"Thanks again for reacting so quickly and meeting me halfway with the element. We will be able to get installed and have things keep moving overnight with the night crew. The little things like this are always greatly appreciated when working with Liquidyne."
“This pump cut our processing time from 3 days to 1 shift. I’m not giving this pump back. You will have to come and get it if you want it... and that won’t likely happen.”
VP Antibody Manufacturing