LKB UltraPure Valve
Comprehensive butterfly valve range
Based on the well-known Alfa Laval LKB valve platform, our LKB UltraPure butterfly valve range is a competitively priced alternative to diaphragm valves. Designed for use in high purity applications, the range consists of easy-to-configure units designed to meet the full spectrum of requirements for hygienic applications.
A full range of dimensions (ASME BPE, DIN 11850 and ISO 2037) is available.
For dairy, food and beverage, and high-pressure applications, Alfa Laval also offers the traditional LKB butterfly valve.
- Versatile, highly modular design
- Competitively priced alternative to diaphragm valves in certain applications
- Full transparency and traceability of the entire supply chain due to the Alfa Laval Q-doc documentation package
- Easy to configure in either a manual version or a pneumatic version
LKB UltraPure butterfly valves come with several features that ensure dependable hygienic performance.
- LKB UltraPure butterfly valves are available with Ra < 0.5 µm, Ra < 0.4µm or EP (SF1 and SF4) surface finishes to ensure cleanability and minimize contamination risks.
- Highly polished stainless steel disc and bearing bushings clipped onto the disc stems prevent metal-to-metal abrasion and ensure smoother disc movement.
- Stem diameter provides particularly low flow resistance, ensuring gentle product treatment for low and medium-viscosity products.
Alfa Laval's advanced seal technology seal technology provides greater thermal stability, better chemical resistance and improved tensile strength.For perfect welding conditions, the ASME BPE version of the LKB UltraPure butterfly valves feature weld ends with defined sulphur content. The extended length of the valve makes it possible to use an orbital welding machine.
LKB UltraPure butterfly valves can be complemented either with:
- A handle for manual operation to mechanically lock the valve in either open or closed position. A complete range of handles, including a multi-position lockable handle, is available.
- An air actuator for automated control in combination with either a valve indication unit or Alfa Laval ThinkTop valve sensing and control units. A selection of actuators is available.
- Total peace of mind with complete documentation for validation
- Equipment and components in the Alfa Laval BioPharm portfolio are supplied with Alfa Laval Q-doc, a comprehensive documentation package that provides full transparency of the entire supply chain, from raw material to final equipment delivery. This smoothes purchasing and installation procedures as well as facilitates qualification, validation and change control procedures. Based on GDP (Good Documentation Practice), Alfa Laval Q-doc covers every aspect of biotech and pharmaceutical equipment supply and provides customers with transparent and well-documented quality assurance of the sourced equipment.
The Q-doc package for LKB UltraPure butterfly valves comprises equipment manuals, performance tests, quality and manufacturing procedures, material certificates, traceability of product wetted parts and the necessary parts and service information. This attention to detail maximizes uptime and minimizes risk.
This in-line butterfly valve is designed for on-off duties in high-purity applications across the personal care, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
At Liquidyne, we prioritize our commitment to quality and consistency. In 2017 we achieved ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification to ensure we can repeatedly deliver consistently high-quality products and solutions. Being an ISO 9001 facility, together with our USP Class VI Testing, ASME Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE), and EHEDG certification guarantee, we have the methodologies to assure quality. We will quickly and accurately rectify any issues if any of our products are ever in non-conformance.
"Thanks so much! What a quick turn around. It is a pleasure working with Liquidyne."
Process Development Manager
"I received the cart yesterday, thanks for the fast delivery! It feels sturdy. I sat on it. It does not bounce. It is also easy to clean and wipe or wash down."
Vice President, Analytical Development and Manufacturing
"Thanks again for reacting so quickly and meeting me halfway with the element. We will be able to get installed and have things keep moving overnight with the night crew. The little things like this are always greatly appreciated when working with Liquidyne."
“This pump cut our processing time from 3 days to 1 shift. I’m not giving this pump back. You will have to come and get it if you want it... and that won’t likely happen.”
VP Antibody Manufacturing